Wednesday, April 14, 2010

I Don't Want this Feeling to go Away


Lyrics | Jack Johnson lyrics - Upside Down lyrics

This time last year, I was talking daily walks through the woods around my house. Though I wasn't necessarily emotionally healthy, I was pretty happy. I had a lot of opportunities ahead of me and I was hopeful for the future. That was a good feeling.

But it wasn't too long before everything in my world fell apart, and like a person with BPD, I couldn't handle it I fell apart too.

I used to listen to this Jack Johnson song a lot on those walks, especially when I climbed to the top of the nearby hill and looked down at the world. And as I walked that hill today listening to the same song, I realized I feel just as happy and hopeful now, one year later.

But in the past year so much has changed. I've been officially diagnosed with BPD, gone through a year of therapy and finished a DBT course. I have a plan for handling the ups and down of the future that I am looking at, a future that in the past year has gone from hopeful, to nonexistent, to possible once again. And I am looking forward to living the future and continuing to heal from BPD.

1 comment:

  1. I'm new to your blog. Your sense of hope is inspiring. And I love when people take a proactive approach to things, especially with BPD. I share in this diagnosis and look forward to following your blog and hearing more about your experineces with moving forward in life.

    ReplyDelete